2011年2月23日水曜日

This is my attempt at writing something a little supernatural. Inspired after reading some Koizumi Yakumo

Now, I was about 21 when I had this experience. I was living in Japan back then, and I rented a little room in the rural side where the only access was through this narrow stone steps that wound itself alongside a hill. I was working as an English teacher back then, teaching kids who have never spoken a word of English, let alone seen an American. It was not going anywhere, because all they (the kids) did was just stare at me, this strange person whom they have never seen before, who looked nothing like they have ever seen.
One day I was walking home after another futile day at school, and as I walked up the stone steps I noticed there was a kid walking behind me. The boy was about 8, he wore a white linen short pants and a blue short sleeved shirt, his hair was cropped neatly. His head was bowed slightly to the front, so I could not see his eyes, but I remember seeing his lips, which were in the shade of fresh fuzzy pink.
He kept a steady pave behind me, taking one step when I took 4 steps, so our distance was kept. I thought he must have been the kid of my neighbor’s, thought nothing more of it and kept walking.
Because of steep steps, I decided to take a little break to catch my breath. I rested my back against the walls that encased the steps, and when I look up to my front, I saw the kid standing right in front of me looking up to me. Now, there was some good distance between us, and there was no way that a child could have ran that fast, and had he tried so his shoes would have made sound. But there he was, and the looks on him was like he was in a deep sleep and the world including me was a part of his dream.
I gave a shout of surprise, and the kid snapped out of whatever he was in, looked around himself as if asking where he was, and remembering everything told me,
“She, she wanted to see you badly. She just wanted to see you very badly, but she now can’t touch you or talk to you. And she was crying, and she wanted to meet you so bad, but she looked so helpless, and I just felt so bad for her.”
and ran off. His shoes made loud squeaking rubber noise as his soles met the stone.
It was a startling experience, but nothing happened further than that, so I dismissed it and went my way home. When I got back home, there was a voice message on the phone that told me my grandmother has just passed away.

2 件のコメント:

  1. このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。

    返信削除
  2. Curiosity caught me before I tried to leave this page and return to study. I am delighted after reading this top entry piece. Night hrs makes me feel less guarded among supernaturals, but this story delivers dear thought in amusing light touch.

    返信削除